Explore our Fujitsu Scanner Range
Keep your documents at the ready wherever you are, quickly accessible to download on Apple and Android.
Find and retrieve documents faster and easier than ever before
with our award-winning software
Never lose or overwrite another important document ever again
Get in touch if you’re interested in becoming a Filestream reseller
Are you interested in becoming a Filestream Partner? Contact us to find out more information UK or Worldwide
The faster, simpler, safer file management solution
We can’t get away from the need to file documents – but we can make it as easy, streamlined and secure as possible. Our market-leading EDMS software provides businesses, organisations and education providers with a better way to store and retrieve their 256 AES fully encrypted documents.
And with prices starting from £1.20 a day per user for 5 concurrent users, transforming your document management is more affordable than you think.
We’ve developed a range of industry-leading EDMS solutions that deliver value to businesses of all sizes and sectors.
Our network solution provides effective and secure document management for single users, small businesses, and cloud base services.
We ensure disaster recovery, complete scalability, document processing, and secure software while adhering to GDPR compliance.
Find out how your business can benefit
We’ve already helped…
READY TO IMPROVE YOUR DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT? GET IN TOUCH TODAY
We’ve helped businesses of all sizes and industries streamline their document management, and we can do the same for you. See how others have benefited from our solutions
Keep up to date with our company and industry news
“With over 500 employees and 13,000 students, we were desperate to find an affordable electronic document archiving system. File Stream has met all of our requirements and more.”
What is a document management system?
A document management system (DMS) is software that can help you store, manage and track electronic documents. The purpose of a DMS is to solve the problem of large amounts of paperwork being thrown in drawers or filing cabinets. They allow you to store all your important documents in one central location, making it much easier for employees to find them when they need them.
A document management system is a software that can help you store, manage and track electronic documents. They are also known as document management software, or simply DMS.
Businesses use a document management system to store all the important information they keep on file, such as contracts, invoices and purchase orders. The benefits of using a DMS include:
- It helps businesses organise their documents in one place so they are easy to find later on if needed again
- It reduces data redundancy by storing only one copy of all the different types of files owned by an organisation
- It improves business processes by making it easier for employees to access relevant files quickly
A document management system is a tool that helps you manage your documents and records. To help you understand how a document management system works, we’ll begin with the basics.
The basics of how a document management system works are simple:
- Your employees use it to create and store files on their computers.
- The files get stored in the cloud or on servers located at the office (or both).
- You can access those files from anywhere using an internet connection, saving time and money if you need to access them away from the office.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, and it depends on the system you choose. The cost of a document management system is usually just a small part of the overall cost of a business. The price will vary depending on the number of users, how many documents need to be stored, and what functionality each person requires or wants (for example: Do they want online access to their files?).
You should be able to answer the following before choosing the right document management software:
- What are your business needs? You can choose from a variety of solutions based on your budget, industry, and workflow.
- How big is your team? More users mean more downloads and uploads, so you’ll need to look at storage limits as well as performance.
- What types of files will be uploaded? Different systems have different file formats they support—if you need to handle PDFs or Microsoft Office documents, make sure the system supports them (and how).
- Will it integrate with other applications in your company? Some systems are designed for end-to-end workflows that involve multiple apps working together; others just store data in one place for easy retrieval later.
A document management system can help you track documents, business processes and tasks. It will also allow users to access and share information from any location at any time.
By adopting a document management system you’ll be able to:
- Track your documents, projects and tasks with ease – This will give you more time to focus on getting things done rather than searching for them later.
- Improve productivity – Employees are happier when they don’t have to waste time looking for important files or information.
- Reduce costs – You’ll no longer need multiple copies of the same file or paper cluttering up drawers everywhere in the office; everything is stored digitally which means there’s less need for printing or photocopying too!
- Improve business processes – A digital filing system will make it much easier for employees across departments to collaborate effectively on projects without having conflicting versions of the same documents floating around (which leads us nicely into…)
Document management systems are relatively new in the world of business, but they’re growing in popularity. To find out more about document management system software, check out these websites:
- Filestream’s website, which has information on their entire suite of products and services for businesses who want to manage their documents electronically.
- The websites of businesses that have used document management systems to improve their workflow efficiency and reduce costs. These companies likely have positive things to say about using a DMS for themselves or for clients.
- The websites of software vendors who sell DMSs, so you can learn how others view this technology and its value to businesses today!
A document management system (DMS) is software that can help you store, manage and track electronic documents. The DMS will allow you to organise your documents into folders according to what type of content they contain. For example, you may have a folder for all of your contracts as well as another folder for invoices from suppliers.
Because everything is stored in one place, it’s easy to find any document at any time. This makes it much easier to collaborate with others who need access to the same files—you won’t have to send each person separate emails asking them for certain documents!
A document management system (DMS) is software that can help you store, manage and track electronic documents. It’s a great tool for businesses that need to store large amounts of paper-based files such as contracts or agreements, manuals or catalogs.
Learn more about how Filestream’s Document Management Software can help and benefit your business